Chicken Pot Pie
All the recipes in the toolbox are downloadable as PDF files and can be adapted for collective kitchens according to the number of servings.
PREPARATION TIME 25 MINUTES
COOKING TIME 1 h 5 min + 30 min chilling
PORTION FOR THE BASIC RECIPE 4 (one pie)
- 90 ml (6 t bsp.) unsalted butter, softened
- 60 ml (¼ cup) all-purpose flour
- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) cornstarch
- 125 ml ( ½ cup) milk
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1carrot, peeled and diced
- 1 celery stalk, diced
- 285 ml (1 ¼ cup)condensed chicken broth, not diluted
- 125 ml (½ cup) Russet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 375 ml (1 ½ cups) cooked chicken, diced (½ roasted chicken, approximately)
- 125 ml (½ cup) frozen peas
- 500 ml (2 cups) all-purpose flour
- 2 ml (½ tsp.) salt
- 250 ml (1 cup) cold unsalted butter, cut into cubes
- 60 ml (¼ cup) icy water
- 60 ml (¼ cup) white vinegar
- Milk, for brushing
- In a bowl, combine 55 g (¼ cup) of the butter with the flour. Set the butter mixture aside.
- In another bowl, dissolve the cornstarch in the milk. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan, soften the onion, carrot and celery in the remaining butter. Season with salt and pepper. Add the broth and potatoes and bring to a boil. Cover and simmer for about 10 minutes or until the vegetables are just tender. Add the butter mixture and boil gently, stirring with a wooden spoon. Add the milk and cornstarch mixture and bring to a boil. Adjust the seasoning. Stir in the chicken and peas. Cover with plastic wrap directly on the surface of the filling. Let cool while preparing the pastry.
- In a food processor, combine the flour and salt. Add the butter and pulse a few seconds at a time until the butter forms pea-sized pieces. Add the water and vinegar, and pulse again until the dough just starts coming together. Add more water, if needed. Remove the dough from the food processor and shape into two discs with your hands. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- With the rack in the lowest position, preheat the oven to 400 °F (200 °C).
- On a floured work surface, roll out the two discs of dough and line a 23-cm (9-inch) pie plate with one of them. Make incisions in the second crust. Spoon the chicken filling into the crust. Brush the edge of the dough with milk and cover with the second rolled crust. Crimp the edges and brush with milk.
- Bake for 50 minutes or until the pastry is golden brown. Let rest for 15 minutes before serving.
Source : Ricardo Cuisine
Some recipes that you might also be interested by!
All the recipes in the toolbox are downloadable as PDF files and can be adapted for collective kitchens according to the number of servings. Perfect Recipe - Basic Quiche PREPARATION TIME: 10 MIN COOKING TIME: 35 MIN SERVINGS : 6 INGREDIENTS 1 prebaked deep 9-inch pie...
Black bean brownies
All the recipes in the toolbox are downloadable as PDF files and can be adapted for collective kitchens according to the number of servings. Perfect Recipe - Black Bean Brownies PREPARATION TIME: 15 MINUTES COOKING TIME: 22 MINUTES PORTIONS OF THE BASIC RECIPE: 16...
Mexican Beef Pie
All the recipes in the toolbox are downloadable as PDF files and can be adapted for collective kitchens according to the number of servings. Perfect Recipe - Mexican Pie PREPARATION TIME: 30 MINUTES COOKING TIME: 1 h + 30 min chilling PORTION FOR THE BASIC RECIPE: 6...
418 763-7707 p.7
50, 1st street West, Sainte-Anne-des-Monts
Quebec G4V 2G5